For some reason, Owlcrate does their “spooky” box in September (not that I am complaining because then my unboxing post can happen in October!) and this was a good spooky box.
Starting from the top left with the book and going clockwise:
- The Bone Houses, and an “inverted” cover for the black background to white and the white lettering to black. Still gorgeous, very excited about the book!
- A Penguin Classic Horror (The Haunting of Hill House), I was never going to love this one as I am not a horror person but someone will so no biggie. Plus it is an extra book.
- A spooky print which I liked it.
- The monthly pin inspired by the book.
- Theme zine
- Skeleton fingerless gloves. I love that they are very long, my dog chewed up the last pair from a previous Owlcrate, so this was perfect timing (and they are being kept well out of the reach of the dog).
- Coffee. My biggest issue is the coffee label has little to no information. I still think it could easily have a label with details on the back (as this is obviously blended/flavoured coffee, good for allergens, etc). But I like coffee, so not bad and this one smells real good.
- A sampler of The Beautiful, not intersted at all but cool.
- Theme card, I like the artwork.
- A trinket dish which is very pretty but I already have two that I am using and have no need for more (otherwise I would keep it, it is nice).
All in all a well packed box with lots of nice interesting useful things and lots of spooky in it but not too much (at least in my taste).