The last Book Box Club of the year, and it has some interesting things in it. (Plus I didn’t guess this book, so yay!). Starting from the theem card and going clockwise:
- Theme card, with a cute blue and pastel decoration.
- The secret clubhouse invite, still personalised. I love the fact that those are still personalised in every box. It is one of my favourite things (but not the only one for sure) about Book Box Club.
- Astronaut bath bomb. Isn’t it super cute? I loved it so much, it’s a cute shape and perfectly tehmed (and the blue matches the theme colours, so perfect too).
- This Splintered Silence by Kayla Olson. This book gives me a bit of “The Loneliest Girl in the Universe vibes, and I genuinely hope it is as good as that one was.
- Book Box Club 2019 calendar! I had my artwork in this year’s calendar but didn’t make artwork in time for this one, so woops! But the artwork from all the artists is gorgeous and I love it!
- The Binging bookmark, which helped remind me to get this book on preorder.
- A Cinder inspired candle, full of glitter, all the shiny!
- A cool double sized zipper pouch/purse, which shows different pictures or rather, gives you a “front” and “back” view of it.
So let’s see, I liked the box but it wasn’t my most favourite sadly. Still, I am looking forward to another year of Book Box Club!
Turns out this was a very blue box apparently (I only really noticed once I put everything ready for a picture). And I have to say that as per usual, this was a lovely box from Book Box Club.
Let’s unbox starting from the top right corner:
- Jace notebook (from Shadowhunters) by A Traveling Sketchbook. I am not a fan of Shadowhunters but I do love the artwork and it is a notebook, I won’t complain at all.
- On top of the notebook is a wooden feather bookmark that was an absolute stunner (the detail is so gorgeous!)
- Theme card (feathers, feathers, feathers)
- Publisher’s extras which were a bookmark for “More Than We Can Tell” and “Letters to the Lost“, and a postcard for State of Sorrow.
- Slayer sticker by Quotify, referencing Buffy which I squealed when I saw and is now on my laptop (obviously).
- The book, Out of The Blue by Sophie Cameron, which was in my list of possible preorders and thankfully I guessed it’d be part of this box and didn’t get doubles! (Go me!)
- Angel Veil Body Butter by Shimmer Luxe. Sadly you can’t smell it but it is so yummy and perfect that I was salivating over it (yes, I know it is not edible, but still).
- Karou & Akiva candle by Bookish Burns. I enjoyed Daughter of Smoke and Bone a lot (the series in general) so it was a lovely surprise to see this one in there, and it has glitter too!
- A teacake in a silver box (which somehow survived despite my best efforts to clumsily drop it while unboxing, woops). This is related to the book but since I haven’t read it yet, I can’t say what the relevance is, but I am sure there is one (a friend who has read it bought a box of teacakes because of the book so I guess there definitely is something there).
If you liked the box and it’s contents, you can try Book Box Club and use code MOON17 for 5% off if you’d like 🙂
Accio! is a box based in the US. They sell Harry Potter Universe merchandise, usually from superior quality (I tried them out for 3 months when they first opened up for international subscriptions, and the only reason I stopped my subscription is that the customs were making it too expensive for me, otherwise I’d get it more often!).
Anyway, they made a special Holiday Box, and I had to get one (Ravenclaw).
As you can see it was packed full of stuff (and the cracker had also goodies inside, see picture below) and I am utterly in love with it. Contents are listed this time in the picture so I won’t list them again.
The cracker had the list of items inside, a paper crown, a mini lotion bar and a joke.
Of course, the ornament went directly to my tree, the mug has become one of my favourites (it is quite sturdy and big and it is so gorgeous!) and all in all it really is an amazing box and I was extremely pleased with the contents.
So if you are a HP fan, do please try them out, they are absolutely worth it.
After the fiasco with Hermes and their
bad delivery I was a bit scared that my Fairyloot would not arrive before Christmas, however I can say that it did!
This was also an easy guess of the book for me, since I had already read it, but I had given my ARC copy away so it was nice to have a proper hardback version of it. Let’s start from the book and go clockwise:
- Everless by Sara Holland. Just go read it, it is quite interesting and it left me with a book hangover. You can read my review here.
- Prince Eric candle by A Court of Candles. It smells gorgeous and apparently there were 4 different smells to get.
- Red Queen notebook by Stella’s Bookish Art, which matches the book of Everless which is pretty cool.
- Theme card and theme bookmark.
- Rosemarked sampler.
- Keyring which I really liked and is now holding my keys, by Fiction Tea DEsigns.
- William Shakespeare pouch by . Probably my least favourite item but it is still cool.
- Promotional bookmark.
- Simba Funko, there were supposed to be 6 different ones and all of the other options are princesses, so why do I get Simba? I did want one of the other princesses and would’ve preferred say Merida or Mulan over Simba as a choice. Oh well, can’t have it all.
Another nice wintery box to enjoy before Christmas (it arrived before, even if the post is after).
This year has brought us a cold prewinter (since officially winter starts on the 22nd) so it has lovely to receive bookish boxes that make you feel even more Christmassy.
Book Box Club did not disappoint this time, so starting on the theme card and going clockwise:
- Winter Fairytales theme card.
- Baba Yaga wish bracelet by Charmed Delight Co. Last year they sent a different one which had three stars, so I am seeing a theme here, can we keep it up?
- Hansel & Gretel’s Gingerbread Mallows by Bonboosh. They are the reason this picture was taken during nighttime using the lights in the room, as they didn’t make it to the next day.
- Christmas Card, this was personalised to all the members of our house (sans the 9 chickens, but it’s hard to know all of their names! PS. Cow, Big Mama, The Sweeties, Skittles, Scarface, Red 1 and Red 2, Pearl) including our puppy and it is now proudly being displayed alongside the other Christmas cards we’ve received.
- Underneath it all is a super soft scarf with shiny golden trees that makes me want to get dressed up already for Christmas (by Hazel & Pip)
- A bookmark featuring the two books in the box.
- Fairy Godmother notebook by TJ Lubrano.
- The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden. I actually guessed the books because I already had this one. The bonus is that the extra book is going to a good home and now I have a signed book plate for the book.
- The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden. Second book of the series and yay to double books in the box.
- Fairytales pencil.
- Scrolled Clubhouse invitation.
All in all, a lovely box with a very wintery feel.
Just in case you didn’t know, Leafer Box are UK based and the cheapest book box out there (that is not just book). And for December, I collaborated with them and designed an exclusive bookmark.
I get a custom box, which bundles up sci-fi & fantasy and only gives me one chocolate and one of any item that may be repeated, clockwise starting at the chocolate:
- Chilli Dark Chocolate, Leafer Box always has chocolate.
- Witches’ Curse incense sticks (Fantasy Box)
- Pegasus 1, which looks interesting and I like the cover. (SCi-Fi)
- Space keyring, which is already on my keys (Sci-Fi)
- Saturn/planet patch. I love this one! (Sci-Fi)
- Star & Planet earrings (which I have been wearing since I got them and have received a lot of compliments). (Sci-Fi)
- Exclusive Moon Kestrel Designs colouring bookmark.
- Harry Potter nail decals (Fantasy)
- I put a spell on you bookmark. (Fantasy)
- Mulled Wine tea. I can’t wait to make a cup of tea with this. (Fantasy)
- The Living Curse Novella (Fantasy)
- The Witch’s Kiss, which ironically, the day before I got this box, I had been saying that I needed this book and should buy it. They read my mind! Witchcraft 😉 (Fantasy).
As per usual, an amazing box.
Also, I am giving away one of the theme of your choice on my twitter @themoonkestrel, if you’re interested. it ends on Boxing Day (26th of December).
I present to you Wildest Dreams Book Box, a new UK based box with low price as part of their aim (the box is £18 so they’re the second cheapest one available at the moment, and it has free shipping to the UK).
This is their first ever box and I was lucky enough to get hold of one.
So here we go, clockwise unboxing, starting with the book:
- The Nowhere Girls by Amy Reed. This is a brutal book to my understanding and I do really want to read it.
- Sorting Bath Bomb from Geeky Clean. I love anything by Steph, so this is always a great way to start a book box. And so so bookish.
- Spoiler Card explaining why everything was chosen. Also, as a note, there was a special note from Amy Reed that I left inside the book.
- Book of Fire bookmark and postcard, and the bookmark is signed.
- After The Fire tea. I squealed and reacted very much to this as After The Fire is my absolute favourite book of the year and having a tea made for it was just the best!
So my veredict is that the box has potential and it looks interesting. I am currently on a 3 month subscription to trial it a little more and see how it pans out.
Also, as a note, this box has new releases that are more mainstream than what Leafer Box offers, so I’d recommend both of them depending on what you want out of your box.